Since we decided to change our plan of the house, the work became double.To make a creative house that different from ordinary house would take time.
Making the form works was one of the most difficult task for me. It involved measuring, accuracy and cutting.
To make these iron skeletons we needed a larger space area. Again..the accuracy in measurement played the most important role. All iron skeletons must be in the same size.
The form works being carried to the site. It was quite heavy.
At last, the first form work was put upright, perpendicular to the beam of the floor
DAY 17 :
8 OCTOBER, 2010. At this stage, most of our activities were dealing with the pillars. At first, making the iron skeleton pillars. Later, stood them upright with the concrete. Covered the whole length of the skeleton with form works. And....nailed them with supporters .
We started early in the morning. I meant...earlier than usual. We had to cover back the time that we lost to the rain. So...The agenda for day 17 was putting all the form works in their place. I helped my brother with the second one.
By the mid-day, almost all the form works were stood upright to the floor beam. The heat from the sun really burnt our skin and our face freaking bad.
What were they doing up there? The lower one held the form work and the upper one nailed the form work. It needed two people in order get the best result.
A quick way to check the level of the plank. Everything must be perpendicular to each other.
We had to put supporters around the frame work so that it can hold the concrete.
DAY 18 :
9 OCTOBER, 2010. Its been days we tried to contact the soil dealers around Langkawi. They were running out of soil completely. Absolutely, without soil we couldn't continue our work. The problem was serious and time was running out. Pray to Allah.....Hoped that everything will be all right.
We kept on working on the supporters. It really took time even to finish one of it. This was our first time did all these. I could say that we were just in track. After all the effort, we left the rest to Allah.
Alhamdulillah...at last we managed to buy three lories of soil. Everybody was happy.
We just piled the soil at the car park since we didn't have enough space in the garden.
We scraped all the soil, not even a scoop of it left on the ground.
The last trolley of soil. We managed to filled up all the floor area with soil. The next phase was to compact the soil together and formed a hard soil floor.
This big concrete cylinder was very heavy. We used it to compact the soil floor. My brother lifted the concrete cylinder with all his strength.
He lifted it as high as he could. You have to be very careful not to drop it on your feet, bro!!
And...just dropped it on the soil floor. The impact from the heavy dropped, the soil being compacted . The process being repeated many times in order to get a hard compact floor.
All images and articles remain the property of their respective copyright holders. This blog is for entertainment & review purposes only. No copyright infringement is intended and no profit is being made. Created and maintained by FCUHOMESCHOOLING.
Questions and comments are welcome!